The 12 players to Japan
2 August 2018 – Malaysia Rugby Union has announced the 12 players who will play in Japan this week. The Malaysia 7s will be participating in the Asia Invitational 7s – Sapporo.
The two days tournament will see Malaysia 7s team take on the Chinese Taipei, Japan SDS and Japan Youth team. It will be the last tournament for the national team who is preparing for the upcoming Asia Games in Indonesia by the end of the month.
The 12 players on the plane to Japan are.
1. Zulkiflee bin Azmi
2. Muhammad Siddiq Amir bin Jalil
3. Muhammad Azwan Zuwairi bin Mat Zizi
4. Amalul Hazim bin Nasarrudin
5. Wan Izzuddin bin Ismail
6. Muhammad Dzafran Asyraaf bin Muhamad Zainudin
7. Mohamad Safwan bin Abdullah
8. Muhamad Firdaus bin Tarmizi
9. Muhammad Ameer Nasrun bin Zulkefli
10. Mohamad Khairul Abdillah bin Ramli
11. Muhammad Zulhisham bin Rasli
12. Mohamad Nasharuddin bin Ismail
The team manager, Zyuraidi Abd Majid said that this team could consist of 80% of the squad to Indonesia. “We haven’t decided the name for Asia Games. We can only bring 12 players to the tournament and with a few more players are still nursing their injury, this is the best team that we could bring and test in Japan.”
It will be another level of challenge for Malaysia as they previously won two local tournaments, Royal Perlis 7s and Song Kheng Hai 7s. It is what they wish for as Japan will certainly the team to beat in Indonesia.
This is also a good chance for Malaysia to analyze Chinese Taipei before the game in Indonesia.
Malaysia is in the same group as Japan, Chinese Taipei and the host, Indonesia in the upcoming Asia Games.
Photos by Fauzi Saim and Aiman Farhan